Veteran Services


Camden County College Veteran Services Center

Blackwood Campus, Taft Hall, Room 303

Zaida  Nogué, Veteran Services Advisor or (856) 374-4960


Pursuing higher education is a major step in transitioning from military to civilian life. The staff of the Veteran Services Center at Camden County College welcomes you and is here to help you use your benefits to achieve a successful future through a college education.

When you enroll at Camden County College, you'll find a community of faculty and staff dedicated to helping veterans achieve their education and career goals. You can choose from a variety of academic programs that make achieving your educational and career goals convenient, including online programs of study, day, evening and weekend schedules. Our degree and certificate programs can help you enter the job market or you can continue at a four-year institution through our transfer programs.

In addition, Camden County College has established relationships with the Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Centers to assist you with your transition to college and civilian life.


  • Educational Benefit and GI Bill Application and Certification
  • VA Work-Study Information and Opportunities
  • Access to Advisement, Tutoring, Registration and Business Office Services
  • Referrals to Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Assistance in identifying Federal, State and County Services
  • A VA student lounge where you can meet with fellow veterans


STEP 1: Get ready
Click here to complete the application for admissions online
You will receive an acceptance letter which will include your student identification number.

STEP 2: Get credit
Arrange to have formal transcripts of all previous college coursework and prior military training transcripts sent to the Camden County College Records and Registration Office. Click here to learn more about Credit for Prior Learning.

STEP 3: Get set
Complete the placement test and meet with the veteran services adviser or an academic advisor National Guard/Reservists – sign up with your unit for the Federal Tuition Assistance or Tuition Waiver programs if you are eligible.

STEP 4: Get benefits
Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for Veterans Benefits online at (VONAPP).

Once you get your Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), go to the Veteran Services Center.


Veterans - Bring a copy of your military discharge DD form 214 (Member 4) and your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veteran Services Office.

National Guard/Reservists – Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE), Commander's Certificate or DD form 214 (Member 4) copy if you were called to active duty.

National Guard Tuition Waiver students - Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at and a National Guard Tuition Waiver Form to the Office of Financial Aid.

Spouses and Dependents – Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veteran Services Office.

All student veterans, spouses or dependents using VA Education Benefits must fill out the Veteran’s Enrollment Certification Form and submit it to the Veteran Services Office.





Montgomery GI Bill
(Chapter 30)

You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.

Selected Reserves
(Chapter 1606)

You are eligible if you incurred a six-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training and are serving in good standing in your unit.


Post 9/11 GI Bill
(Chapter 33)

You are eligible if you served a minimum of 90 consecutive days on active duty after September 10, 2001. This benefit becomes effective August 1, 2009. Eligibility expires 15 years from the date of the last discharge from active duty


Vocational Rehabilitation
(Chapter 31)

You are eligible if you suffered a service-connected disability while on active-duty and need vocational rehabilitation because of the disability.


Survivors and Dependents
Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)

Dependents of veterans (spouses and children ages 18-26) are eligible if the veteran has a 100% service-connected disability or the veteran's death was service connected.


The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
(Fry Scholarship)

Children and surviving spouses of an active duty member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001 are eligible for this benefit. Children are eligible as of their 18th birthday (unless they have already graduated high school). A child may be married or over 23 and still be eligible, although their eligibility will end on their 33rd birthday. A spouse will lose eligibility to this benefit upon remarriage. A spouse has 15 years from the date of the death of the Service member to use the benefit.


For more information please come to room 303, in Taft Hall, Blackwood Campus or email

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at